Saturday 15 November 2008

Boredom

It's been almost a month and I have been quite busy. I wish there were 48 hours in a day as I could certainly fill them as I always seem to find things to do.

Which brings me on to the topic of BOREDOM, which apparently is a recent word/condition first mentioned by Dickens in Bleak House  written in 1852, although the expression 'to be a bore' has been around for much longer. Wikipedia has an interesting entry for this and if you are interested you should look it up - sorry I'm not going to provide the link as you are more than capable of doing this yourself :)

Boredom can have a positive effect if the person is able to use it as a tool to stimulate interest themselves. Today, my daughter asked me if I found my work boring - I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions.

No comments: