Tuesday 18 November 2008

read it and weep?

Yesterday's headline for the ghastly Evening Standard was 50,000 estate agents jobs axed.

Today Jonathan Glancey writes for The Guardian of  how architects were effected by the last recession. Actually the figure was worse than I remember and the situation was dire, so much so, some I know killed themselves. The image of Zaha under candlelight I am still picturing. I have to echo Will Allsop's and Nigel Coates' comments. I am no fan of bureaucracy and form filling which to my mind is just timewasting linus blanket etcetera. I'm not sure if anybody reads anything anyway but I guess at least it's wrist action as it's highly unlikely to be eye candy. Also if it puts an end to some of the crass building and that the prevalent idea that the only end to architecture is built form so be it.

No comments: